I’m beginning to wonder if I’m even supposed to post something from Callan’s bake sale. The signs are not promising at the moment…
- my nicely thought out bimodal garnet distribution mica-schist cake used up all of the eggs, cornstarch, and butter in my house; this would have been fine except for…
- the batter wasn’t thick enough and instead of getting a random distribution of “garnets” I managed to produce a cake that looked more like a volcano with a cumulate layer on the floor of its magma chamber
- the center of the cake refused to actually finish baking
- it tasted good (how could anything with a chocolate cumulate layer not taste good?) and I took pictures
- I though that I would try again last night with a different batter, but I’m out of critical baking components
- my camera has magically disappeared since yesterday
I’m really hoping the camera appears by the end of the weekend. But at the moment, I’m submission-less. Sigh.
I need to go back to grading field guides, so I’ll look once again once this next round is done.