Week #9 went from 31. October – 6. November (or GSA week, depending on your view). Most of the 64 entries (yep, that’s better than the previous week’s 54) were about 4 topics:
- small 3.7 earthquake in Long Beach
- the moderate 5.3 earthquake in Serbia
- more on the eruption of Mt. Merapi
- and the landslide in Costa Rica
- flooding in Vicenza, Italy which closed down a US Army post (the articles were from Stars & Stripes as well as the Army news corp) — catches my eye due to old habit of reading the European edition of Stars & Stripes while my brother was stationed in Germany
- protesting of nuclear power plant extensions & transportation of used material to Gorleben in Germany, which caused me to smile since I lived relatively near to Gorleben when I was 16 and have seen countless protests in the area along the rail lines (which is how they’re going to transport the nuclear waste) including earlier this year while visiting friends
I’m now caught up with grading the news journals — well, at least for another 30 minutes when the week #10 journals are due 🙂 I’m going to call it a night before that happens. Tomorrow I hope to return to my office despite the snow and grade a few other things before playing with a few solution models for my own research.