Today is absolutely gorgeous, so I wandered up to take advantage of the crystal clear skies & great views. Where am I?
People used for Scale:
M = mathematician, moved to Japan for a brilliant post-doc; on to visit list!
OC = orchestral conductor, brother, lives in DC area
PE = project engineer, dad, providing reasons to visit India & Australia this year
- Students "happily" sketching at our ocean-view outcrop in Forest River Park: ow.ly/i/3J52Y 9 months ago
- today calls for Dropkick Murphy's for grading music :) 9 months ago
- I wonder how many teams have hit two grand slams in one series during the playoffs? Both of these were by struggling hitters... 10 months ago
- Questionable student quotes: you have to come and smell my excellent cleavage (Holding out a large halite crystal) 10 months ago
- Mobbing Salty -- go catchers :) ow.ly/i/3pO7A 10 months ago
popular topicsbaking books conferences contest cooking culture day in the life disaster film drawings earthquake earthquakes female scientist field trip fieldtrips figure flooding garnet garnets geology GoogleEarth GSA5280 Gustavus halite iceland intro lab M&Ms meme metamorphic metamorphism microscope microstructure mineralogy MN national parks new job news non-geology optical optical mineralogy paleo petrography petrology photomicrograph photomicrographs photos piano pictures plagioclase plate tectonics pyrite quartz reactions reflected light research research papers schist Shenandoah solar system stereonets structure suprise teaching top 10 travel tsunami tsunamis twitter Vermont viscosity volcano volcanoes websites women in science writing